Digital Marketing Specialist with over 20 years helping small and midsize companies meet their business goals by leveraging web-based technologies. Implemented a web-based software system utilized by 100+ employees located over 5 states to manage a $32 million sales volume. This system was also used to manage a $3 million purchasing budget with +99% accuracy. Increased eCommerce sales by 22% in less than 1 year through rebranding and systems streamlining.
SELLING SARASOTA, LLC | Sarasota, FL 2017 – Present
A marketing and media production company.
Content Marketing Specialist
Selling Sarasota, LLC is a media production company I started in the fall of 2017 to manage the marketing for my wife’s growing real estate business.
• Late in 2017 our marketing strategy evolved to include a weekly podcast spotlighting real estate in Sarasota, Florida. (sellingsarasotapodcast.com)
• Media production has dramatically improved the search visibility (SEO) of her business in a crowded industry and has resulted in invitations to speak at a national podcasting conference in 2019 and at Ringling College in Sarasota.
NO LIMITS INTERACTIVE | Thousand Oaks, CA 2014 – Present
An interactive marketing agency provide UI/UX solutions for businesses.
Working remotely from Sarasota, I was recruited to provide monthly SEO analysis for interactive design clients.
• Led the development of a comprehensive web visibility report that included insightful data on keyword rankings, backlink metrics, and web analytics which has resulted in improved search visibility for NLI’s clients.
• Delivered presentations (in person and via web conference) to clients focusing on strategies to improve SEO and website performance.
BRAND ATHLETICS GOLF | Fresno, CA 2014 – 2018
A seller of collegiate team golf apparel.
eCommerce Marketing Manager
Working remotely from Sarasota, I was hired to help reverse declining sales, boost profits, and improve processes.
• Increased sales by 22% in the first 12 months resulting in an ongoing posting of positive gross sales and net profit numbers.
• Improved operational systems and customer satisfaction by implementing a rebranding strategy that included a new logo, a redesigned website, and a renewed focus on optimal user experience.
ROGER DUNN GOLF SHOPS | Fresno, CA 2007 – Present
A global provider of golf apparel and equipment.
Web Content Marketing Specialist
• SEO efforts have resulted in equal or better search engine ranking than national sporting good stores in their market.
• Working remotely from Sarasota, created a significant web presence using tactics including optimal UI/UX, search marketing (SEO/SEM), social media marketing, event promotions, and email marketing campaigns.
SLEEP FIT CORPORATION | Fresno, CA 2009 – 2013
A seller of mattresses to consumers.
Vice President of Operations
Directly managed the operations and purchasing departments while collaborating with the sales, finance, and marketing departments to ensure an optimal experience for all of our customers.
• Oversaw the opening of 24 stores in 4 states in our first 2 years of business.
• Introduced internet access by sourcing the hardware, negotiating service contracts with ISP’s and driving a large-scale installation in multiple locations. This project was completed ahead of schedule and under budget.
• Sourced and implemented PROFITsystems point of sale software by researching available systems, procuring & installing the equipment, training the staff, and migrating existing data into the new system database.
• Developed the company intranet website to facilitate training on the new point of sale system and started a staff communication portal which included a vibrant social media forum.
MATTRESS LAND | Fresno, CA 1993 – 2009
A seller of mattresses to consumers.
Director of Operations
Oversaw buying, merchandising, sales support, operations, technology solutions, marketing support, and inventory control.
• Managed & balanced a $3 million inventory in 7 distribution centers for 23 stores in 5 states at 99+% accuracy.
Bachelor of Science, California State University, Fresno
Microsoft Certified Professional • Google Ads Certified • Google Analytics Certified • Yoast SEO
TOASTMASTERS INTERNATIONAL | Sarasota, FL 2017 – Present
Community organization focused on public speaking and leadership.
Vice President of Education
• Completed both Competent Communicator and Competent Leader manuals in less than 12 months. Served as VP of Education in 2017 helping the club members achieve educational goals. Competed and won 1 speech contest and facilitated a second.
EDUCATION FOUNDATION SARASOTA COUNTY | Sarasota, FL 2016 – Present
A local leading non-profit organization assisting area schools, educators, and students.
Student Mentor, Team Leader, and STEM Event Judge
• Served as a volunteer at the inaugural STEM Hackathon event in 2016 and returned in 2017 to serve as a team mentor and leader.
• Volunteered at local STEM competitions as a judge.
• Taught 3 eight-week sessions of introductory computer programming and web design to students ages 9 to 16.